Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lots of things crossed off the list...

As the wedding approaches, Jason and I are realizing how many things we have left to do before November 28th. On Saturday, we decided to try to tackle one of the things that we had been putting off…doing a registry. We had started a registry at Target a couple weeks ago, but a lot of the stuff that was on their was sort of jokey, not necessary items and we realized that we should probably register for some serious items like dishes and silverware. So we headed to Macy’s at the Mall of America to get the process started. Surprisingly, we had a pretty good time…I never knew that I could absolutely love dishes or silverware, but we found dishes and silverware that we absolutely love. Hopefully, we will feel the same way about the items when we are 65! Later on in the day, we also registered at Crate & Barrel. If you would like to see the not necessary stuff at Target or the dishes and silverware I love, click here:





Okay, so back to Macy’s…the woman that helped us with the registry told us about some sort of rewards program thing that we should sign up for since we were registering and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. You would think that someone that works in sales would not fall for a sales pitch so easily, but turns out; they work really well on me! Long story short, we signed up for a Macy’s credit card. One of the benefits of the Macy’s credit card is that you get an additional 15% off anything in the store the day of and the day after you sign up. With this knowledge I suddenly remembered that Jason and I have a friend’s wedding to go to in August and my cousin’s wedding to go to in September, and obviously I would need to buy a new dress for each of them. What kind of fool would pass up an additional 15% off of dresses that they have to buy anyway? Not this girl! So Jason and I went down to the dresses and proceeded to try on a few…I did leave with two, although I am not 100% on one of them so I may need to return it. But I digress…

One of the big areas for the wedding that we hadn’t decided on was if Jason would be wearing a tux or a suit. After trying on the dresses, Jason suggested that we go downstairs to look at suits since we were already there. We got downstairs and were greeted by the very friendly salesperson. We told him our dilemma and he said that he had a perfect suit for us. Guess what? The perfect suit happened to be Calvin Klein, which happens to be the most expensive line of suits that they sell. Not at all surprising, right?!?! You may be thinking to yourself, “oh, that sucks, they found the perfect suit but it cost way too much.” Think again…Macy’s was having a gigantic sale that day and the suit was 50% off! Plus we had an additional 15% off for opening up an account that day…yep, that’s right, we got 65% off the most beautiful Calvin Klein suit!!! And we got to cross of the “what will Jason wear” question off of our list! Now, on to the 14,000 other small details that we need to finish…

2 comments:

  1. yay for percentages off! yay for 2 new dresses! and YAY for getting things crossed of your huge to-do list! the big day is getting closer...exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you would have taken some pictures of Jason trying on dresses...I could have added them to my collection! Yes folks, there are pictures out there of Jason in a dress:)

    ReplyDelete