Thursday, April 16, 2009

Now I can check that off of the list!

Our visit to Rush's Bridal did not go the way that I had thought that it would, which turned out to be a very good thing! The dresses there were really fu-fuey and not at all my style. I actually didn't like a single dress that I tried on, so it was easy to cross it off of the list! The bright side is that I didn't add to the list of three dresses that I already liked, the not-so-bright side was that I still had three dresses to choose from. I printed out pictures of myself in all three dresses and solicited opinions from multiple people, including some random people on the patio at Billy's on Grand where Nicol, Lesley, and I went for happy hour after the horrid experience at Rush's Bridal. After much time spent looking at pictures, imagining our wedding day, and getting equal votes from people on which dress I should choose, I couldn't make a decision...it was too hard! As you most likely already know, I am not the most traditional person in the world, so I decided to just ask Jason. Bad luck, schmad luck!!! He had already seen pictures of me in the multiple dresses that I tried on, so I figured he might as well see them one more time and make the decision so that I didn't have to!

He did the whole "you look great in all of them" lip service that as a man he is required to do, but ultimately said that his favorite was the one from the Wedding Shoppe. So that settled it. Last week, I went in and tried it on one more time and ended up ordering the first dress I tried on in the first shop we went to! It is nice to be able to check that off the list and get working on the 14,000,000 other things that we have left to do. Last weekend, I worked on putting together our Save the Dates and we should be getting them out by the end of the month!!!


This picture was taken the day that I ordered my dress. Nicol has been such an amazing Sister/Maid of Honor through the somewhat excruciating process of trying on all of the wedding dresses. Thank you so much Cole...I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment